Cairo 24 March 2012
When the Parliament President announces to the people that the Constitution of the country will be drafted through the acquisition of a particular political direction that gained majority at the time of writing the Constitution, this means only one thing and that is:
This majority decided to isolate itself from the Egyptian reality with all its spectra and to this fact that expose intentions every opposing opinion to the parliamentary majority has to choose between either waiting for the approval of a constitution to be drafted in isolation from all the parties of the Egyptian society tampering the identity and restricting freedom and eliminating communal harmony which is the base of constitutions development or standing against the monopoly of Egyptian future and against the reduction of all sects and political visions in one dominant orientation that holds the right to formulate the Constitution ignoring others’ right to be fully represented.
Today we insist on announcing standing for these principles:
1) Any procedure related to the constitution has nothing to do with majority or minority, but it is the right of the masses of the people to ensure a constitution that reflects the hopes of equal rights and duties among all citizens and to preserve the diversity rooted in the history of the nation.
2) We strongly condemn the unilateral formation of the Constitution committee and consider it a crime against the country and the revolution’s aims of freedom, dignity and social justice.
3) When History will not forget the great tournaments of Egyptian army, it also will not forget the Supreme Council of the armed forces involvement in a shameful deal that put the whole country under the control of this one-orientation in addition to the subsequent chaos pervaded all life fields.
4) We call upon all honorable citizens of all national trends, spectra and groups to transcend their differences and their opposite visions in this critical moment of the history of Egypt and its revolution so that we can unite to face the try to demolish the basics of the modern state that pulls Egypt back to the times of underdevelopment and dependency, the consequences that resulted from a false start when we had to choose between the constitution or elections, and brought us to a fateful choice of a constitution or no constitution.
Finally … Egypt, who erupted in 25 January 2011 and changed the system that was protected by the strongest tyrant mechanisms of oppression and repression, is sure able to stand powerfully against whoever is planning to tamper the future of the country.
1) Egyptian Creativity Front
2) Egypt is Life under construction Party
3) The National Progressive Unionist Party
4) National Assembly for Change
5) Egyptian Writers Union
6) Liberal Egyptians Party
7) Youth of National Assembly for Change
9) Maspero Youth Federation
10) Association of Egyptian Women Writers
11) Justice Party
12) Freedom of Thought and Expression Institution
13) Youth for Justice and Freedom
14) Democratic Front Party
15) Revolution Youth Parliament
16) Egyptian Socialist Party
17) Chamber of Film Industry
18) Egyptian Syndicate of Filmmakers
19) Egyptian Syndicate of Musicians
20) Egyptian Syndicate of Fine Artists
21) Egyptian Syndicate of Actors
22) Egyptian Association of Film Critics
23) National Liberation Front
24) Protection Movement
25) Freedom Party of Egypt
26) Bahia, O Egypt Movement
27) 9 March Movement
28) Alliance of Egyptian Copts
29) Independent Media Professionals Movement
30) Coordinating Committee for Socialist People’s forces
31) Organization of Authors and Composers
32) The Coalition of artists of the revolution
33) Cairo Atelier
Also available in : العربية