Bahrain: A detainee Dies in Prison … the Judgments Issued against the Medical Team of Solmania Hospital are Upheld Cairo
ANHRI condemns the Bahriani Court of Cessations judgment issued on Monday October 1 of accepting the appeal submitted by the Solmania medical team in form and rejecting it in subject. In addition to, ANHRI condemns the court upholding to the judgments issued against them. ANHRI also said that the Bahraini authorities carries all the criminal responsibility related to the death of the detainee “Mohamed Mosh’ema’” inside a prison.
The Court of Cessation (the highest judicial degree), in the hearing held on Monday First of October against 9 members of Solmania Medical team. On Thursday June 14, 2012 the higher court of appeal reduced some of the judgments issued against them from the National Safety Court, after being civilly tried before it. The Judgments were sentences “Ali Al-Akry” orthopedic surgery consultant for 5 years due to accusations of promoting for the overthrow of the regime by force and illegal methods. “Ibrahim El-Demstany”, the nurse, were sentenced for three years imprisonment due to the said charges. Dr. “Saaed El-Smhigey and Dr. “Ghasan Daef” were sentence for one year due to unsubstantiated allegations, that they have detaineed Asians in the hospital. Dr. “Mahmoud Asgar” was sentenced for 6 months imprisonment and the female nurse “Diaa Abu-Drais” for two months imprisonment, in addition, to the Drs. “Nader Diwani, Abdul-Khalek El-Aribi and Basem Daif” for one month imprisonment due to charges of participating in marshes in which they have expressed their legitimate rights in accordance with their guaranteed rights in the international treaties of which Bahrain has acceded. On this Morning, the security forces arrested 5 of the medical teams from their houses in execution of the judgments issued against them.
In a related context, on Tuesday morning, October 2, 2012, the detainee “Mohamed Moshame’a”, 22 years, died in the prison while he is spending a period of 7 years due to participation in the demonstrations that took place in Bahrain since last year. The demonstrations call for political and social reforms in the country. At the end of the last week, “Ali Ne’ma”, 17 years old, was killed during participating in a peaceful demonstration that was suppressed by the Bahraini authorities using tear gas bomb and shut gun bullets.
In continuation to its policy of hostility to human rights, the Bahraini authorities baned “Niocolas Mac Gian”, member of Human Rights Watch, from entering Bahrain, on las Friday September 28, 2012. He was trying to enter Bahrain to meet some of the activists and the family of “Nabil Rajeb”, where the air port security said that “you are required to get a visa to enter the country due your work in the human rights field”. Such ban conducted after only few days of the government pledge before 47 countries in Geneva of letting the human rights international organizations and international unions to enter Bahrain to start a new page of constructive cooperation with Bahrain.
In the light of the recent developments, ANHRI said “Bahrain will continue its increased violations to all human rights standers and international treaties of which Bahrain is a party and therefore, the Bahraini promises and its talks about reforms are lies and there is no intention to comply with”.
ANHRI added that “the amount of the daily violations in Bahrain requires the human rights organizations and all the concerned to double their efforts to spot the light on these violations and force the world to move to support the forgotten Bahriani revolution”.
ANHRI asserted on that “suppression is worthless and the evidence lies in the Bahraini people persistence to call for freedom despite a year and half of continued suppression”.
For more information related to Bahrain